Important Workshop Information
There are two sets of handouts for this workshop.
- Under Handouts to Print in the menu, you’ll find the handouts that we will actually be using during the workshop. You’ll need the handouts for Modules 1-3 on day one, and the handouts for Modules 4-6 on day two.
- The Handouts for Reference will not be used during the workshop – they are included as an additional resource for you to use whenever you like (or to choose to ignore completely!)
The Zoom link will be the same each time we meet. You will find it under Connection Info.
You will need a computer for this training. One person per device! Even if you are training with others from the same site, it works much better if each person is in their own space, with their own computer.
This is not a webinar or a self-paced online course. The workshop is highly interactive, and you will get the most value for your time and money if you participate fully.
Please mark your calendar carefully and plan to single-task. Your fellow participants will rely on you to engage with them, and not to be distracted by multitasking.
VIRTUAL TRAINING TIPS:
- Sit close to the screen with your face filling most of the screen.
- If you can, use an external microphone or headset.
- When you’re not talking, hit mute.
- Even when you’re on mute, be present and engaged. Set aside distractions. Nod your head. Listen. Focus on the other people in the room.
- Avoid sitting with the window or bright lights behind you. A little effort on lighting goes a very long way.
- Share time with others – if you are a person who likes to talk, step back and make sure that others are heard, too. If you are a person who likes to listen, step up – your voice is important, too!
VIRTUAL TRAINING – BREAKOUT ROOMS:
Breakout rooms will be used for small group discussion and partner work throughout the virtual training. When it is time for breakout groups, the presenter will place you in a breakout room. You can click “join” to enter. Once in the breakout room:
- Be ready to participate. Small group time is work time!
- Make sure everybody has a chance to speak.
- Begin your discussion. If nobody wants to speak out first, go in ABC order by first name.
- Choose a member to share back to the group when you see the 1-minute timer begin the countdown.
Other breakout room tips:
- Use the chat box to chat with others in your breakout room. Your message will not be seen from room to room or back in the main session.
- Click ‘Ask for help’ to send a message to the presenter. The presenter will be able to join your breakout room.
- Share your screen if desired.
- You can leave the breakout room at any time and will be brought back automatically once the timer is at zero.